Carol Zaleski, mixed media and collage painter, says “papers of all kinds fascinate me- textures, colors or their attached memories (like the wrappings from a gift).” Layering them, (with paint or crayon) into a painting that sparks an emotion to become a visual feast is what she hopes for when she paints.
Hands down, she likes to do personal paintings, images of family, paintings of people or places she loves. The energetic work of Toulouse-Lautrec inspires her and she relates to Mary Cassatt’s subject sensitivity.
“Though art ability was a gift I was born with, I’m continually trying new ways to express it. Bits of paper and paint can make hard or soft edges, make large masses or tiny patterns and draw you in myriad ways. We are all multi-layered. My paintings reflect my excitement in the layering experience. It changes a surface that stimulates and jolts the mind”.
- 2013 - 3rd Place, Collage, San Diego County Fair
- 2013 - 3rd Place, Mixed Media, San Diego County Fair
- 2013 - 2nd Place Mixed Media, Fallbrook Art Association Open Juried Show
- 2008 - Best of Show, Fallbrook Art Association Open Juried Show
- 2007 - 1st Place Mixed Media, Fallbrook Art Association Open Juried Show
Owner of A to Z Creative Services, Inc. , Chicago, 1982-98. Studied with Mary Tomaskevitch, BJ Wilson, Carol Barnes, Robert Perrine, Robert Minami, Chris Van Winkle, Tom Fong